I'm back!! Sorry for the lack of posts, I've been studying my hinny off for my midterms!
Anyone that knows me, knows that I LOVE sweets. They're my downfall (and probably the reason I haven't lost the 10lbs I wanted to!) One of my favorite treats is red v
elvet cake with cream cheese frosting. I came home yesterday for fall break
and my mom had
baked my favorite treat!!! :) I love coming home and being able to escape the realities of a college cafeteria, and indulge in some good homecookin'! This afternoon we're headed to the Apple Festival to pick up some Apple Cakes and cider. Fall is definitely in full swing here in the mountains, and I LOVE it. The trees are absolutely gorgeous, and each time I drive down I-40 to get home and I cross over a small hill and see the beautiful mountains in front of me, all I can do is smile. I especially get a good chuckle out of seeing things like this when I get back home.

Even though I'm a political science major, this election season has been WAY too drawn out. However, SNL has kept me in stitches with all their skits on Palin. I am looking forward to seeing Palin make a fool? out of herself tonight on the show. I don't know if it's a good campaign move on her, or the Republicans part to participate in a show that is very, very liberal, in an extremely liberal city. These people have been making fun of her for a few weeks, and now she's going to go in there and do what... make fun of herself? I just don't get it. We'll see what happens though!!

'Nuff said :)
I need to figure out a good Halloween costume.. Halloween is on a Friday this year, so I'll probably head to Franklin Street with some of my sisters since we're doing a big Halloween party on the 30th with our favorite fraternity. Have any of you decided on costumes? If so, what?
Just wanted to let you know that I'm still nanny-ing away, and I love my little kids. They're absolutely darling and a lot of fun. I won't be watching them for the next week since I'm at home, but I need to whip up something for them for Halloween, as well as my little sister from Big Brothers Big Sisters. I don't want to do anything too extravagant, so maybe I'll just make up some candy bags.
Time for candy apples...
XOX,
SouthernBelle
PS: lovespinkandpearls - Can you send me the invite to your blog again? It might have landed in my spam mail and I miss reading your blog!!
1 comment:
i LOVE LOVE red velvet anything! I just made red velvet cupcakes for my friend's birthday...soo good :)
love your blog!!!
Post a Comment