Hi! I'm so sorry for my lack of posts, I've been incredibly busy planning a few big events for my sorority sisters and alumnae this weekend. I still have a lot left to accomplish, but I'm sure everything will come together, it always does. Yesterday I started nanny-ing for the cutest family ever. The kids are great, 4 and 11, and we had a lot of fun. I'm actually excited about watching them again tomorrow. I don't have class on Tuesday or Thursday so I am forced to get out of my room and do something.
This past weekend I went to visit Sweet Briar like I had hoped. I got in around 815 and went out for dinner and drinks with one of my good friends Kelly. My friend Jasmine was helping with an alum event on campus, so I hung out with Kelly until she was finished. Around 1230, Jasmine comes to Kelly's room, who she absolutely despises, and tells me she's going upstairs but doesn't want me to come. Okay? Really? I just drove 3 hours to visit you and you're not wanting to spend time with me. Okay... So fast forward an hour, she wants to go to a party at a nearby school. I had gone to bed at 3:30 the night before, and was up at 7:00a for class, SouthernBelle was not going out. I told her I'd crash in Kelly's room and she could come get me when she got back. She was furious, said that'd she'd see me tomorrow, if she saw me then or ever again, because she didn't know if she could be friends with me after that.... So, needless to say, I packed my stuff and left and drove back to school and got home at 4:30a. Gracious!! So needless to say I didn't go to the homecoming gala, but I did get to sleep in my own bed.
Has anyone seen Nights in Rodanthe yet? I went to see it Saturday night and cried my eyes out! It's a must see, especially for everyone that loves Nicholas Sparks. I really have loved all of his books that have been made into movies, and this was no exception. (And Richard Gere is a total stud!! ;))
So as for this coming weekend, for the big formal event, I plan on wearing this...

I'm debating on whether or not to wear some tights, or what not, but I also have another dress that I just love that I could wear. My mom just sent it to me, so I'm like a little kid and want to wear it right away.

I love the black Milly dress because it's classic and cute, but I want to make sure I look formal enough. Any ideas ladies?
Does anyone know where I can find some really cute hats? This semester I have 8:00a classes and it's so much easier to throw a cute hat on and head to class than style my SHORT hair everyday! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind styling my hair, but sometimes I hit the snooze button once too much.
3 comments:
i really love the milly dress and think it's totally appropriate!
oh my god, i love milly - milly is always perfect for WHATever!! esp. greek functions!! ps - so many cute headbands and whatnot right now, that i'd check that option out. they look super cute with short hair!
I love both dresses! Where is the pink one from? I might need to snag that for an upcoming wedding! Thanks :)
Post a Comment