10.20.2008

Musings!

Have any of you that live in the good ole' South been to Belk lately? I went to check out Lilly's new fall collection and happened about Kristin Davis', from Sex and the City's, new line. She has some really cute things, and her shoes are absolutely darling. All of the racks were filled with lots of versatile, business appropriate items and were 25% off, so you better believed I grabbed a couple of dresses and skirts for badge attire days. :) So check it out if you haven't already!

I am lovin' being back in the mountains for a week. I absolutely LOVE fall, and love hearing the leaves crunch under my toes as I'm walking my little doggies. I am headed up to the parkway today to take pictures of the beautiful leaves, and I'll post them later this afternoon or tomorrow. You can't help but smile and thank God for all the beauty that surrounds you in the fall. 

I don't know about you guys, but I am getting a little tired of all the political robo calls! I have gotten 7 since I've been home on Friday. I think that's a little ri
diculous. Maybe I need to not be an independent voter... alas, I'm headed to vote today!! I am pretty excited about being able to vote in my first presidential election! I was 17 in 2004, so now I'm taking part in my civic duties to the fullest! As I've mentioned, I've been wrapped up in the political scene for the last however many months, and am looking forward to what happens in 15 or so days!! :)
If I could each give you a piece of my caramel apple cake I would... because with each and every bite I take, a little piece of me melts...


Hope you all are having a wonderful Monday!!

XOXO,
SouthernBelle

6 comments:

Eco-Prep said...

That looks delicious!!! I love your idea about the monogrammed luggage tag! It'll add a bit of a girlie touch to the bag. :)

Alyson said...

I'm totally sick of the political calls too! I've gotten about 5 in the past couple hours!

A. Hart

p.s. The picture of that oh-so-delicious dessert is making my mouth water! :D

Monogramchick said...

That cake looks totally yummy! Glad you're having a great time at home and glad I found your blog :)

Muffy said...

That cake looks INCREDIBLE!!!!

Muffy said...

Oh, and I left something for you on my blog! Come visit!

Charlie said...

that cake looks amazing, and makes me hungry! nice photo :)