
Sweet Muffy Martini bestowed the Kreativ Blogger Award to me! She's such a sweetie and I love reading her blog. She's so preppy and fun, and even if she's on the west coast, she still has that southern belle charm! The only rules are to list six things that make me happy, and to pass it on to six others!
1. My family. I have the best family in the whole world. I love hanging out with my parents and brothers, and consider them a blessing in my life.
2. My sorority sisters. I transferred schools in the middle of my sophomore year in college, rushed, and pledged my sorority. My sisters have been there for me through a lot, think, psycho boyfriends, sickness, etc. I couldn't do it without them.
3. My pets. I know it sounds kind of silly, but my pets are so wonderful. There company always makes me smile, and I enjoy playing with them when I'm at home. (I also love when they come and jump in bed with me in the mornings, too!!)
4. Blogging. It has been a wonderful tool to "meet" so many different people, and I love reading about other people's lives, ideas, and goals. It has also been a great way to express myself, after deleting my Facebook!!
5. Traveling. I have been fortunate enough to travel to every state in the U.S. and throughout Europe, Africa, S. America, and beyond. I love meeting new people and experiencing other cultures!!
6. Southern Food. There's something about fried chicken, biscuits and gravy, corn bread, pinto beans, etc. that make a southern girl happy. Of course I love it when my favorite football team wins, but I would be silly to say that I don't love when my mamma whips up something from her Paula Deen cookbook!
I pass the wonderful award to::
Also thanks to Miss Kaybee, for tagging me!
Here's the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is UP
And now my random list:
- I was the Nutcracker in my school's play in the 4th grade... and wore my brothers band uniform, AHHH!
- I have extremely bad road rage.
- I have had two breast reductions.
- I have such a strong southern accident that my grandmother, who is from Minnesota, has a hard time understanding me, and the same is true for all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins.
- I like getting all dolled up, but I love going camping and making s'mores more than anything.
- For the longest time, I thought I was going to be a medical missionary, however, biology wasn't my thing freshman year. :)
Hope all you ladies enjoy the fun!
Onto my day -- I got up at 6am, yes, I'm on break, and got up at 6.a.m. - Holy smokes - I drove to Virginia to meet my best friend/sorority sister at the Virginia Creeper Trail -- We had such a great time mountain biking. However, after 32 miles, my hinny is KILLING. Let me tell you that SouthernBelle also crashed into the side of a bridge, laughed so hard she rolled down a bank, but had the best time in the world. I did work at the restaurant tonight, and my station was upstairs - and I had 8 tables, so let me tell you how much that helped my glutes.... NOT AT ALL!! As soon as I find the energy to find my camera, I'll upload pictures from the beautiful trail and my day! -- Time to call it a day!
XoX,
SouthernBelle
11 comments:
thanks sweet girl!
aw! thank you-this is my first blogger award/tag :) you're so sweet!
Sounds like an amazing day...one that I would love.
Thanks so much for the tag!
congrats!!
p.s. it's super refreshing to hear about another college student who doesn't have facebook. i had it for awhile, but deleted it about 2 years ago...i haven't looked back! this IS a wonderful way to "meet" people!! don't even get me on my facebook soapbox!!!
thanks for the tag!
Thanks for the tag! Something funny... so I read that you went to Tuscola and I went to McDowell which is in your sports conference I think. I remember when I cheered in highschool coming there! Small world!
thanks for the tag! :-) i love reading your blog everyday!
thanks for my very first award!!
aw thanks amanda! you're sweet! i enjoy reading your's too.
I am so impressed with your travels. How awesome!
Post a Comment