10.26.2008

Roommate Horror!

So, it looks like I'm headed back to school without the boots I so desperately want/need. :( I can't find any that aren't $298347928374... okay, that was a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point! I'll be back at school around 4-5 in time for a sorority meeting, and then will be takin' it easy tonight. 

I don't really have much to blog about today, so I thought I'd blog about the world's worst roommates! I promised one of my new, but oh-so-fabulous, blog friends Kaybee, that I'd tell some of the stories... 
Freshman year I was a student at an all-women's college, that was known for their school colors being pink and green, and the gorgeous campus. However, I had the roommate from hell. I guess it all started whenever she went through $1000 in her first three weeks at school... or when she got belligerently drunk and threw up on an upperclasswoman's family heirloom... YIKES. She would come into our room at all hours of the night, drunk, high, etc. and would wake me up. I love my beauty sleep, and our schedules clashed. I would constantly stock up on snacks/drinks for the room and I hated that M would always eat everything I bought, and drink all my drinks, even beer/wine! One day, I was sitting at my desk that faced a wall, and turned around to watch TV and noticed M standing at our dressers crushing up something... I asked her what she was doing, and she said "Nothin... Just getting ready to take my adderal..." -- I'm not stupid. I'm an extremely passive person, so I just let it go. The next night I was having a spaghetti dinner with some girls on my hall, and I walked in my room right after my roommate walked out, mind you, I was still very much disgruntled, and walked in to find a mirror, a credit card with white residue on the edge, and some powdery white stuff. I was hurt, mad, and scared. I immediately ran downstairs to the Resident Director's apartment and had him come up... Needless to say, by the time we got back upstairs, it was all gone, as were all her liquor bottles that were sitting around the room.. ODD. I was almost positive that when I left I had shut and locked my door, and I knew my roommate was at work... Needless to say, I was so stressed out I came home for a week while the school dealt with the mess, and we ended up in honor court because she had violated my rights. She should have been expelled for her drug use, but her parents donated a large amount of money right after the incident, so she stayed and will be on honor probation until she graduates. Needless to say, I moved out into my own room for the rest of the semester, and M moved in her upperclasswoman girlfriend to take my spot... Yikes.
I transferred schools during the spring semester of my sophomore year, and was matched with another transfer student. Needless to say, she was 16 years old, graduated from high school early so that she could be at the same college as her boyfriend, and was the most immature person I had ever met. We were only roommates for about a month, but in that month, she spent every single minute of everyday with the boyfriend. The boyfriend G spent the night in our room every single night, was naked in bed with her and I was less than 5 feet away... Awkward. They were constantly talking about perverted sexual acts they were going to do... YIKES. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if he came over at say midnight, but he was there at like 9 every night, and it was a pain in the ass for me to have to go down the hall to the community bathroom to get in my PJ's, or have my own guests over. Furthermore, the boyfriend had 8am classes, while mine began at 12, and 12:30... and he would always wake me up in the morning. Needless to say, she flunked out in the first month... or her and her boyfriend broke up one.

My other roommates haven't been all that great either. I had a roommate that would talk to her parents on the phone for 3-4 hours a day, pack her bags in black trash bags, and let people sleep in my bed when I was out of town... My current roommate is a filthy slob that has atleast 30-40 half drank water/Gatorade/juice bottles all over the room. Her trash on her desk is piled 2-3ft high, and she never changes her sheets. Ugh. Needless to say, she's studying abroad next semester and I'll finally have a single again. I'll post pictures of our room for y'all soon, you'll understand.

Hope y'all have enjoyed my roommate horror stories... Time to pack and head down the mountain! Talk to you soon!

3 comments:

Charlie said...

we tagged you!! :)

Alyson said...

oh honey!!! i thought i had it bad last year... just hang in there until you have a single again!

Kate said...

Could we have had the same roommate?? ;)
Mine even snorted her Adderal too!

I haven't had good luck with roommates either-2 crazies in Australia and my ones at home. I guess that's why I moved in with my sister!