11.26.2008

Gobble, Gobble!


Happy Thanksgiving!!

I apologize for the lack of posts, and comments to all my oh-so fabulous blog friends, I have been INCREDIBLY busy. I have been inundated with school work over the last couple of weeks, and have caught some sort of nasty sickness. Needless to say, I'm on the road to recovery, thank goodness. I will be spending my Thanksgiving break doing homework, and since Sunday is my birthday, I'll be letting loose that day ;) - I do hope to be caught up with all my school work in the next week or so, so hopefully I'll be able to be more caught up with each of you! 

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am excited about some turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, pumpkin and pecan pie, and most importantly, spending the day with my family. In the last few weeks Momma Belle, and Southern Daddy have had our kitchen renovated. Needless to say, it looks absolutely beautiful, but it's probably best if we give everything a few days to, shall I say, set up? My parents and I, along with some close family friends will be having our Thanksgiving celebration at the Old Stone Inn. If you read Pink Lemonade and  Peonies, she was there a few weeks ago. It's one of my favorite places to eat, and I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing meal, and no clean-up, or prep work! 

Have any of you found any spectacular Black Friday deals? Last year, my mom and I went to Belk for the free gift cards they were handing out, and it was SNOWING, so needless to say, our shopping adventures ended within minutes after they began. I can't think of anything I really want/need, but who knows, maybe I'll go out later in the day? Do any of you have any tips/tricks for Black Friday shopping?!

I also want to thank each of you wonderful ladies who have bestowed awards upon me in the last few weeks, I promise I'll forward them on, and put them on my blog. Just give me a few more days! Also a HUGE THANK YOU, to The Mrs. at Leaving and Loving on a Jet Plane for my Pay-it-Forward surprise. It was absolutely the perfect pick-me-up on a bad day this past week. I am so excited to use my preppy goodies when I return back to campus this weekend. I am going to continue the fun, so lucky for you...

The "rules" state that the exchange focuses on doing an act of kindness without expecting anything in return other than that the recipient will, in their turn, pass the kindness along and pay it forward.

Here's how it works: I will send a little surprise to the first three blog owners who post a comment on this entry, letting me know that they do in fact, want to to participate. In turn, those three will post this information and pick three people they want to send something to and so on.

Just to kick it up a notch, the first three that respond, please include a short snippit of your favorite holiday tradition! 

Last but certainly not least, shopping! My boots that I ordered came in and are DIVINE. I wore them yesterday and got so many compliments. I love the dark brown color, and how even if I don't wear skinny jeans, my pants can still be tucked into them. My parents also gave me some of my birthday gifts when I got home including these darling Joes Jeans, which I believe are always chic and perfect. 


Rocker/Haley


Tory Burch Patent Reva Ballet Flats

My parents are too good to me. :) They've even ordered me a princess cake... haha!

I hopefully will be better in touch with you all soon! Happy Thanksgiving!

XoX,
SouthernBelle

3 comments:

said...

Loving those black flat shoes!!

Molly said...

Love those flats, have a happy Thanksgiving!

Belle- Pink Cupcake said...

I would love to be a part of your PIF if theres still room? My favorite holiday tradition is definately loading up the family in the car and picking out a christmas tree! Its so fun!