8.29.2008

College!

Some random pictures of my new dorm room...

 

Okay, Yes, My step stool has my monogram on it :)



Little nook/Dresser/Microwave/Cuteness




Ignore the lack of the pink matching sham... I left it at home and my mom is sending it :) (If you can't see the cute sign hanging it says "Wear Cute Pajamas to Bed, You Never Know Who You'll Meet in Your Dreams")



I had a random awkward corner in my room and needed a space for my tv. I couldn't find a really cute wooden shelf that was high enough for me to see the tv from my bed, so I just got this towel tower from Target till I can find something else....



Is it me, or is it totally weird that our built-in desks have a HUGE mirror behind them??




My roommates' side... Ugh. So not preppy... 

Have y'all ever had the feeling like, you'd rather everything just be your own because your stuff is just so much cuter? I'm currently in that predicament with my dorm room. I'm a bit of a spoiled brat and found it necessary to have my stool monogrammed, instead of just climbing up the end of my bed, buying my own fridge since it was classy and stainless steel, using a cute PB rug instead of yucky dorm room carpet, and having all of my stuff to decorate my room to make it somewhat cute. My mamma gasped when I showed her pictures of the roomie having "Borat" posters hanging... especially when you can see the bright blue tape. Ah. I need some roommate advice. I was living on my own in an apartment this time last year so advice is really, really appreciated. I HATE fluorescent lights. They give me migraine headaches, and are just way too bright. I have two in my room, one above my bed, and one near the door. On Tuesday and Thursday I don't have class, and my roommate decides to turn on the overhead fluorescent lights to get ready in the morning. I mean, I wouldn't mind as much if Tuesday or Thursday just didn't happen to be the only day's I don't have 8am classes, but ahhh. I get up at 6:15 every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and take all my necessities to the hall bathroom, and get prim and proper before returning to the room to get dressed. Mind you, it's still pretty dark outside, and I don't turn on a single light. I just don't get it how at 9-10am it's vital to have the overhead lights on. I kinda was fussy and decided I'd once again go out and spend my money and buy a floor lamp in hopes she'll use it instead, and I even told her my reasoning behind the purchase, and.... SHE STILL WON'T USE IT. My mom said I should just take the bulbs out of the light above my bed, but I don't want to look like a beeeyatch of a roommate that's too "princess-ish" to deal with a roommate conflict. Maybe I should just suck it up and just get up when she leaves to turn off the light?? I don't know.

My classes are going well. I've never had early morning classes until this semester, but I'm slowly adjusting. With 17 hours, I'll be on my toes all semester long. 

Well, it's 2:45 and I have a big day ahead of me tomorrow... 

xoxox
SouthernBelle

1 comment:

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

aw... roommates are the best and worst things about college.

i like your mom's advice to remove the bulbs from the lights over your bed. when you're in the room before she is, turn on the lamps... maybe you should get a couple of inexpensive lamps to have around the room. if the lamps are already turned on she won't turn on the overhead light.

as for the bad sense of style and not seeming to have a preppy bone in her body, there's not much you can do about that. hang tight. soon you'll be so wrapped up in everything else, that you'll be forced to try to ignore her side of the room.