"WE NEED MORE BUTTER" -Paula Deen

So, livin' in the South all my life has been a real treat. My momma has
instilled impeccable manners in all her children, and living in the South has meant lots of good times around the table with family and friends. If you follow Paula on Twitter (like I do!) you probably know the great Paula Deen was in my stompin' grounds a few weeks ago debuting her new furniture line! I was busy preparing for exams, and ran out for a bite to eat with one of my friends, and low and behold, there was THE Paula Deen. She is just as sweet as pie, and a true Southerner. All of my friends joke with me and tell me that I'm the next Paula, with my Southern twang, and demeanor. She was having a BBQ sandwich, Carolina slaw, and sweet tea. Thank God for all things Southern! I must admit, following her recipes and trying to stay in shape isn't the easiest thing in the world, but hey, a Southern lady has got to live, and Paula Deen sure has taught us all how! I sure hope I'm at least half as fabulous as she is when I'm her age!
Don't forget to enter my giveaway! Who knows, maybe there will be something Paula Deen thrown in :)
Hope you're having a great day!
XOX,
SouthernBelle
3 comments:
Oh I heart Paula Deen so much!! :) I wish I could just eat all fun Southern foods all the time - but then I'd weight a million lbs!!
A few years ago the hubby (then fiance) moved to D.C. for 3 years. The hardest shock was that no where had sweet tea....
And I am SO excited you want to do the pay it forward. Can you please shoot me an email at elisabethpeale at gmail dot com with your address and monogram please! :)
Have you read her biography? I was a huge fan prior to the biography. Please understand that I'm not judging any of her behaviors but am disappointed that she chose to write certain things in the book...she could have kept them to herself...some things don't need to be known by everybody in the world. I just can't enjoy her magazine or shows in the same way anymore.
I love Paula Deen. She reminds me of my aunt from Maryland. That is so cool that you met her. I'm happy to hear that she is as nice in person as she seems on televison.
Post a Comment