6.06.2009

Cheeers!

I love how I promised I would update more, and then magically disappeared from blog world! I have been really busy with working, training for my triathlon, and doing stuff with the family that I haven't really spent much time online. Please forgive me! The weather here in western NC is absolutely beautiful, and I am headed out to wash my car and run the lake. :) 

For those of you who have asked, I did decide to become a vegan... I am about three weeks in, and it is absolutely the best thing I have ever done. I have so much energy, I have lost a lot of weight that seemed like it would never leave my thighs, and has really helped me with training for my triathlon. I found out that I like a lot of foods I never thought I would, and I also realized that it is far more difficult to follow such a lifestyle change, since it seems as though milk, eggs, and cheese are in EVERYTHING!! I made vegan taco salad a few nights ago, and my parents didn't even notice that they weren't eating beef. :) I'll post some recipes for you all to try out if you'd like :)

Also, have any of you tried P 90X or 30-day Shred? A lot of the women in my body pump class have been raving over both the videos and I just wanted to see if anyone else had any reviews on them!

I am working with my parents interior designer this week to redo my bedroom. I think I'm going to go out on a whim and make it really shabby chic. It is ultra modern right now, but I am ready to mix things up a little bit, especially since I will be taking a lot of my furniture with me when I graduate next spring :)

June is my favorite month, and I have a lot in store for this month including hosting my own pay it forward (LIS, you were too sweet with your gifts and I love them!!), a summer musthaves giveaway, fashion reviews, and so much more. I hope you will enjoy the ride, and I promise to update more. 

As soon as I get back to my MAC I will update who won my latest giveaway ;)

Much love,
SouthernBelle

7 comments:

Red and White Preppy said...

Glad you're back :) I have a friend who's doing P90x, and it's rough for her.

Alyson said...

I've heard the shred is intense but gets results. I guess I'm old fashioned with my running and elipticlizing (is that a word?). Anyway, I say go for the shabby chic in your room! That's how mine is at home and in my house at school. I Absolutely love it and I'm sure you will too! :)

kb said...

I have the shred...and never seem to make it past day 2 or 3. Hhaha...I need to do it again though, for real.

But, I have heard a lot of good things about it.
Its worth a shot!

KAC said...

So happy you're back! I have the shred and just got done with my first day today. It was TOTALLY intense but I did actually like it and Jillian is totally motivating all throughout!

Lis said...

YAY! I'm so glad you got your gift and like it!! :)

I'm totally looking forward to some vegan recipes to try out. I love hearing about how it is making you feel better too, I may have to try it out!!

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your weekend!! :)

Jules said...

That is great that you decided to go vegan and that you're training for a triathlon. It is a lot of work, I’m sure, but well worth it.

Good luck with redecorating your bedroom. I love the shabby chic look!

P*P*P said...

I love the 30 day shred...It makes me feel so great! Definitely try it!